We have another month of crypto news and BitPay happenings, including an exciting new partnership, a product integration and more updates around global crypto adoption. Don’t forget to check out what ‘swap’ means and learn more about BitPay Reload in our product highlight.
In This Issue:
BitPay in the Spotlight
- UATP, a global payment network owned and operated by the airlines, has partnered with us to start accepting crypto payments and attract new business. Read the announcement here.
- Our CEO, Stephen Pair discusses why it’s important for the approach to crypto regulation to go “carefully and cautiously”. Read on here.
- We recently announced our integration with 1inch Network, which will allow BitPay Wallet holders to swap ETH and ERC-20 tokens and benefit from the best rates and fastest transactions. Read the press release here.
- We were featured by BTC Manager as the best crypto trading apps. See what other apps made the list.
- Our CFO, Jagruti Solanki sat down with PYMNTS to discuss the findings of our survey of more than 8,000 U.S. consumers that highlighted the motives that are now compelling people to want to spend cryptocurrency. Learn more about why she thinks crypto is here to stay.
- US cardholders of the BitPay Prepaid Mastercard can now add their card to Google Wallet and spend using Google Pay. Read the press release for more information.
Other Industry News
Here’s a list of some of the most significant happenings in crypto over this past month:
- Mastercard showed its increased interest in the crypto market by entering into an agreement to buy CipherTrace, a tool that helps businesses and law enforcement root out illicit digital currency transactions. Find out more here.
- Ukraine is on its way to legalizing Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies after Parliament overwhelmingly passed a new digital asset law. Learn more here.
- According to a recent survey, lack of knowledge on crypto is the main impediment to increased investments by young adults in the UK, but the majority are eager to learn more about crypto. Read the full article here.
- Global crypto adoption has gone up by 881% in the last year, with Vietnam, India and Pakistan firmly in the lead. This map shows where cryptocurrency is taking off around the world.
- One day after El Salvador officially adopted the cryptocurrency, Panama unveiled a bill to make Bitcoin a legal tender.
- With the new adoption of Bitcoin as a legal tender, El Salvador President Nayib Bukele estimates that money services providers like Western Union and MoneyGram will lose $400 million a year in commissions for remittances. Read the full article here.
- Microstrategy, Bitcoin’s biggest corporate investor bought another $177 million, boosting holdings to $5.4 billion. Read the Forbes article here.
- Bitcoin’s recent rise helped push the value of the entire cryptocurrency market above $2 trillion on August 14 for the first time since mid-May. Learn more here.
BitPay Bids Welcome to New Businesses
It’s our monthly pleasure – and great honor – to welcome aboard new BitPay partners using our products and services. We’re excited to announce our partnerships, which include another private jet charter service, a sports app and a popular online marketplace. Please join us in saying hello to these new, exceptional members of the BitPay family!
- Outlier Jets – Private jet card and charter services for individuals and organizations (Email Billing)
- Pick Perfect – A daily fantasy sports app (Email Billing and Deposit)
- Shop.com An online marketplace offering a variety of products from leading brands at competitive prices (Online Checkout)
- UATP – The airline owned payment network accepted by thousands of merchants for air, rail, hotel and travel agency payments. (Online Checkout)
BitPay Merchant Spotlight: Namecheap.com
Namecheap began in 2000 with a mission to deliver the best domains at the best prices with the best service. Since then they’ve added hosting, security, managed…