We have another month of exciting crypto news and BitPay happenings, including some interesting new crypto data, an exceptional example of how to promote crypto on your website, and an overview of Litecoin, the newest cryptocurrency supported by BitPay. Don’t forget to check out our Merchant and Charitable Spotlight as well!
In This Issue:
BitPay in the Spotlight
- You may have already seen the announcement, but we’re now supporting Litecoin!
- Read about BitPay partners Glamnetic and Noémie, two female-focused brands, in Beauty and the Bitcoin: Female-focused brands accept crypto payments driving adoption
- Mastercard announced that it will enhance its card program for cryptocurrency wallets (like the BitPay Wallet) and exchanges to make it simpler for partners to convert cryptocurrency to traditional fiat currency. Read the announcement here.
- In a new PYMNTs eBook, 46 C-suite executives spoke about what the world will look like as recovery rolls on and the next iteration of normal rolls out. In this excerpt, our General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer, Eden Doniger discusses why companies need to adopt a “compliance-first strategy” when implementing a cryptocurrency strategy. Read the eBook here.
- The new data that we collaborated on with PYMNTs tells us that 60% of cryptocurrency users want merchants to offer payment discounts. Learn more in the cryptocurrency payments playbook here.
- We’re thrilled that Newegg has become the first major online retailer to accept the Litecoin (LTC) cryptocurrency as a payment method, via the BitPay platform. Read more here.
- As crypto firms become eager for more regulation, our General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer, Eden Doniger discusses how more regulation will help crypto become more firmly entrenched in retail and commercial settings. Find out more here.
- BitPay Prepaid Mastercard users can now add their card to Google Wallet and can make secure contactless purchases in-app, online, and in-person using Google Pay. Read the announcement here.
Other Industry News
Here’s a list of some of the most significant happenings in crypto over this past month:
BitPay Bids Welcome to New Businesses
It’s our monthly pleasure – and great honor – to welcome aboard new BitPay partners using our products and services. We’re excited to announce our partnerships extending into the real estate business, as well as a top-ranked restaurant. Please join us in saying hello to these new, exceptional members of the BitPay family!
- Ashford.com – Online Store For Luxury Watches (Online Checkout)
- Condos.com – Online Real Estate Marketplace (Email Billing and Payouts)
- NAAMA Studios – Tattoo Removal Experts (Email Billing)
- Sonic Electronix – Online Shopping Destination For Auto Electronics (Online Checkout)
- The Bristol – Top Ranked Chicago Restaurant (Email Billing and Checkout App)
BitPay Merchant Spotlight: Takeaway.com
Takeaway.com is the leading online food delivery marketplace in Continental Europe, connecting tens of millions of consumers with over 580,000 local restaurants through its app and website in 14 European countries, Israel, Canada and New Zealand.
Headquartered in Amsterdam, they facilitate online ordering, payment and occasionally, fulfillment of orders. Utilizing a hybrid model ensures consumers have the widest possible variety of restaurants to order from.
We’re proud to call Takeaway.com a partner since 2013 and wish them lots of continued success.
BitPay Merchant Shout-outs
A BitPay merchant since 2018, The Wikimedia Foundation makes it easier for everyone to share what they know by keeping Wikipedia and Wikimedia sites fast, reliable, and available to all. They protect the values and policies that allow free knowledge to thrive. They build new features and tools to make it easy to read, edit, and share from the Wikimedia sites. Above all, they support the communities of volunteers around the world who edit, improve, and add knowledge across Wikimedia projects. To…